A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Spectrum Noir Backgrounds 2 of 3

 Welcome back to day 3 of my inkiness!

I cannot tell you how much fun I had with my Spectrum Noir Sparkle inks. Here is my second competed card with them

This one has been made using watercolor paper. I think I forgot to mention that yesterday... oops!

I played around with the liquid sparkle inks and left them over night to dry. Then my husband challenged me to make 3 cards while he was at work and I walked into my craft room and saw these backgrounds and knew that I could accomplish that task by using the backgrounds and boy did it go well. 

Once the ink is dry I put this one through an embossing folder and then using stencils and water reactive inks. Finally I took a ink blending tool with a dark color from the design and went all around the edges. This gave each piece a finished look.

Crafter's Companion Supplies Used:

Spectrum Noir Water Color Paper

Spectrum Noit Sparkle Inks in Perfect Pastels

Spectrum Noir Sparkle Inks in Glitz & Glamour

Spectrum Noir Harmony Water-Reactive Dye Inks in Ocean Blue and Crushed Velvet 

Spectrum Noir ink blending tools

Sara Signature Vintage Lace Venetian Lace Collection Embossing Folder

Make a Wish Background Stencil and Focal Stamps

Sara Signature Rose Garden Collection ~ Regal Frames 

Sara Signature Rose Garden Collection ~ Thinking Of You 

Flutterby Collection ~ Trio of Wings Die

 


I love the layers and texture I achieved with this mix of products. I will definitely be doing more backgrounds in the future.  If you have not been using a medium that you have invested in, get it out TODAY AND PLAY. There is nothing to lose. Now go get inky!

Melanie

 




No comments:

Post a Comment