A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Crafter's Companion ~ Quintessentially English

 Welcome back friends,

Today's card was inspired by the Crafter's Companion 12 x 12" paper pad named "Quintessentially English" Looking through my stash I decided to use the Modern Scallops Edge'ables die set as the focal of this design. 


The size of the die is 6" long so I cut my card to 6"x12" and I cut the die on each side before scoring and folding the card. I then layered a coordinating designer paper from the Crafter's Companion 12x12" Quintessential English" paper. I then decided to use one of the beautiful Sharon Callis Vintage Lace Frames which fit perfectly in the center. But I wanted to tie in the leaves so I added an extra layer from the same paper pack cut with the Stitch Edge Oval dies. That is exactly what the card needed. For the flowers I have used the Peony Double Sided Dies. For the sentiment I used one from the newly released Sara Signature Caring Thoughts Stamp sets named "With a Grateful Heart"

Crafter's Companion Supply List:

Quintessentially English 12x12" Paper Pad

Modern Scallops Edge'ables Dies (Any Edge'able set  can be used)

Sharon Callis Vintage Lave Frames Dies

Gemini Stitch Edge Ovals Dies

Gemini Peony Double Sided Dies

With a Grateful Heart Stamp Set 

Crafter's Companion Heavy Weight Acetate


This last photo shows how I used the Heavy Weight Acetate. I attached it to the back of the scalloped dies to give the card more strength so it is able to stand up easily. It is hard to photograph but I think this will give you a better idea on how I used the 6x6" piece of acetate. I attached it at top and bottom with glue dots.


Thank you everyone for following my work. I appreciate you all and I hope I have inspired you to get crafty!

Melanie



No comments:

Post a Comment