A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Crafter's Companion ~ Sara Signature Nautical Collection

 Hello Friends.

My vision for this next card was creating an underwater scene with Annabel Spenceley's Oceans of Love photo-polymer stamp as a focal inside the port hole from the Sara Signature Nautical Collection by Crafter's Companion.

 

Moment by moment this card evolved from a basic idea to a full blown Circle Flip Card using the Die'sire Circle Centre Create A Card die set by Crafter's Companion. I have taken a few photos for a small tutorial for how I designed this card. First thing is to follow the card directions on the packaging to die cut the center section of the card. Refer to the instructions example 1. After doing that I created the rest because I was wanting the center circle to be my port hole.

To create the Luxury Glitter Card layer I used the two side panels and traced them on the back of the glitter paper. I used the small Crafter's Campanion Guillotine to trim all the straight edges.

Then I used sissors to cut the half circles.

Then turn the papers over and lay on top of your card base created in the package instructions. At this stage I trimmed the outer left and right edges so that the mat was even all the way around.

I needed a dark color for the back of my port hole so I used the center die to cut a piece of dark brown paper and then I simply cut it out where it attached. (I have the cut lines drawn with pencil so you can see it.

That gave me the perfect brown layer for the port hole. 


Lastly I cut the Silver and White papers at the same time using the port hole die. Here is how the final card looks laying flat.

This is of course the inside of the card where you can write your message. Once I got all the papers prepared I used Tacky Glue on most of the items to decorate the scene. The Sara Signature Nautical is SOLD out on their website but if you do an online search you can find these items on Scrapbook.com and ebay just to name a couple places. Hope this helps!

Crafter's Companion Supply List: 

Die'sire Circle Centre Create A Card Die Set.

Natuical Collection Port Hole Windows

Nautical Collection Fishing Net

Nautical Collection Anchors Aweigh

Nautical Collection By The Sea

Nautical Collection Sealife Accessories

Centura Pearl Metallic A4 Precious Metals Papers

Annabel Spenceley Oceans of Love Stamp (ONSALE on HSN!)

Collall Tacky Glue

Spectrum Noir Classiques Alcohol Markers in the following colors:

BT05, BT3, BT4, BT7, BT9

OR05, OR1

FS4,FS6, FS7

BG05, BG3

GT05, CT4



I used Guilding Was in Gold around the edges of the sea horse. The sea horse, lightbhouse, and the wheel are all double layered for a little extra dimension

It is hard to tell but the card does flip open to reveal that space on the inside to write.


This project was a joy to create. It is one of those designs that begins one way and develops into itself as your designing. I am passionate about my projects and I hope they inspire each and everyone of you.

Crafty Hugs, Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment