A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Stampin' UP! Onstage Display Board Entry

Hi Everyone,

As most of you know from Tuesday's post I was chosen by my Up Line, Patty Bennett, to be a sample maker for our team group using the Pyramid Pals Bundle from the Occasions Catalog. I will be sharing the remainder of those samples in todays post....but that is not all.... Todays post is also my entry to be considered for the On Stage Display Board Sample Maker at the Stampin' UP! Convention in Salt Lake City this April. Stampin' UP! has asked for those demonstrators who are interested to share 3 cards, 2 - 3D projects, and 1 Scrapbook Page in a blog post all together to be considered for the position. After Patty saw my Pyramid Pal projects on our team page she made the suggestion to try out for the On Stage Display Board Contest.... So here it goes.... :-)

 
 
I am entering this photo as one showcasing a card. I used the Botanical Blooms Stamp Set, The Botanical Blooms Designer Series Paper, and the Botanical Builder Framelits Dies which are all bundled together for an amazing 15% off bundle price. (Item #140819) The sentiment on the first card came from the Butterfly Basics Stamp Set (Item #138813 wood or #138816 in clear mount) I stamped it onto the coordinating Botanical Gardens Designer Vellum Stack. The sentiment on the right card came from the "Botanicals For you" set both of these coordinating items (Vellum & Stamp Set) can be earned for FREE during Sale A Bration with a $50 purchase for each item (Item # 141234 wood or #141237 Clear Mount and #141019 for the vellum) This entire suite of items is one of my very favorites from this years Sale A Bration. The Free Items will only be available until March 31st, 2016.

For card example #2 I choose this Masculine card because I am quite proud of how the clouds turned out. See back to my previous post HERE as to how to recreate them as well as seeing which items were used in this card.


Lastly for card #3 I chose to share my most popular card so far during Sale A Bration using the AMAZING Rose Wonder Bundle available in the Occasions Catalog (Item #140804). I was planning on making only one card but card #2 happened by accident. You can read all the details HERE on my previous post.


For my first 3D Project I chose Mr. Easter Bunny made as the Pyramid Pals Stamp & Die Bundle (Item#141069) I have used the Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper (Item #140557) for the basket using the Berry Basket Bigz L Die (Item #137366). this was actually the very first time using this die and it will surely not be the last. It was so much FUN!


For my second 3D item I am sharing with you a set of refrigerator magnets also using the Pyramid Pals Bundle as referenced to above. This idea came from brainstorming with one of my downline members, Margaret. I had such fun with these little guys. Especially the Owl as I used some of the piece from Stampin' UP!'s Owl Builder Punch for the feet, eyes and beak.

For my Scrapbook Page I have to admit this is my VERY FIRST Scrapbook page using Stampin' UP! products and I have to THANK Stampin' UP! for including this in part of the entry requirements because I had so much fun creating this. I have used so many items here including Rich Razzleberry Cardstock (Item #131186) for both the background as well as the mats, and the Bohemian Designer Series Paper (Item # 138446) for the background as well as for the horizontal strips. Stamp sets used were Project Life Day To Day (Item #135785) and Crazy About You (Item #138856 wood or #138859 Clear Mount) The journal box was created using the Ornate Tag Topper Punch (Item #137416) along with some Rich Razzleberry 1/4" Cotton Ribbon (Item # 134564) The lace trim I used is called "Venetian Crochet Trim (Item # 134581)... I just love the way it makes the page feel so finished. Last but certainly not least the Clear overlay and the punched hearts were created utilizing the Sale A Bration Project Life Card set that can be earned for FREE between now and March 31st with a $50 purchase. The Floral hearts are inked with both Rich Razzleberry and Island Indigo Dye inks and then cut out using the Sweetheart Punch (Item # 133786)

 
Above photo showing a close up of the sentiment and journal box
 


Above photo showing a close up of the center sentiment. Punches used here were the 2 3/8" Scallop Punch (Item # 118874) along with the 2 1/2 Circle Punch (Item # 120906)


Sorry for the glare of this photo but I wanted to show the Project Life overlay that I used over this photo of me. THIS IS ME saying to all of you in Stampin' UP! world out there that "I for one would be HONORED to be chosen for one of the On Stage Display Board Makers. I know back in July when I attended I absolutely was inspired by all the samples and would love to inspire others this year! Thank you for your time and for considering me for the position."
 
HAPPY STAMPIN' EVERYONE!!!!
Melanie

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous post girlfriend! I love the Easter 3D project too! Too cute! And you've knocked the scrapbook pages out of the park! You're looking so good! And so happy! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job! I especially love the Botanical Blooms cards and the Airplane. The scrapbook page is so pretty too. The colors are perfect with your photos. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only are your samples gorgeous, so are you! I think you are half the person we saw last year. Good job on all fronts! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe that is so sweet of you to say Cindee!!! Can't wait to see you next month :-)

      Delete
  4. Thank you Diane - I do love designing around the photos rather than making layouts then trying to find photos to match...

    ReplyDelete