A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Heartfelt Creations ~ Missing You Poppies

 Hi Friends,

Today I begin my adventure as an official Design Team Member for Heartfelt Creations with my very first blog post representing their amazing company. This international company is one I am very proud to be a part of and I am looking forward lots of flower making and designing with them in the future!

My first card is featuring the beautiful Wild Poppy Collection. Lets take a look...


I had such fun designing this card and HERE is a direct link for the full instructions and linked supply list over on the Heartfelt Creations Blog, but in the meantime lets take a look at a few more photos.


For my design I opted to hand shape the flowers using the wonderful Deluxe Flower Shaping kit from Heartfelt Creations rather than using the shaping mold this time around. I wanted to try what I call "The Crinkle Technique" It is where you wet the paper and pleat the paper petals and Crinkle them up and let them dry. It is quite fun and gives a nice full look to your flowers. 


For the flowers behind the gate I used the new EZ Stems which released last month with the Wild Poppy Collection. They allow you to really give a nice 3D look to your flowers. For the vines I choose to mix in leaves from the Cascading Wisteria Stamp and Die set. These do not come with a mold but they are easily shaped with your stylus tool in your shaping kit. 


I know it has been a long while since I have posted on my blog and I have missed you which is why I used these sentiments in this card. I knew that if I was chosen for the team I would be very busy learning the ropes and working behind the scenes gearing up for these beginning days on the team. It has been a fun and exciting time and I want to thank ALL OF YOU, my supporters and friends, for following my journey. So much is yet to come, so make sure to follow me @melaniesmithstamps on YouTube and Instagram and of course in my facebook group Fairy Stamp Land on Facebook as well. I look forward to sharing my work with you even more moving forward!!!!

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment