A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Heartfelt Creations Festive Poinsettia Collection ~ Ice Blue Vellum

 Hi Friends,

I played all last week with the brand new Heartfelt Creations Festive Poinsettia Collection. I created poinsettias with multiple techniques and in different color schemes which I will share with you in upcoming weeks. This weeks card features a delicate vellum design. See below for step by step instructions.

Heartfelt Creations Supplies Used:
 
 
Other Items:
Silver Embossing Powder
versa mark ink
Green Glitter Paper
Blue Foil Paper
Archival Ink Cobalt Blue 
glue gun

Vellum Poinsettias ~ Step By Step 

When making vellum flowers I recommend using the Heartfelt Creations Vellum Flowerite Paper by Paperlicious. This is a heavy weight paper which molds beautifully and creates a nice sturdy flower.

1. Stamp poinsettia flowers onto vellum using Versa Mark ink and heat emboss in silver
2. Using a blending sponge color the back of the vellum. I like to do my coloring before die cutting.
3. Die cut with the coordinating dies
4. Run flowers face down through the shaping molds.
5. With your deluxe flower shaping kit pierce a hole into the center of each flower. 
6. Using numerous bright bead stamens and your glue gun to assemble your flower.


I hope this has inspired you to begin your Christmas cards. I have my Christmas card list all written out and now need to just begin getting them completed!!!

Crafty Hugs, Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment