A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Friday, August 30, 2019

Crafter's Companion Subscription Box 6 ~ Creating a Watercolor Background

Hello There,

For all of you who enjoy following my blog I want to thank you personally. I put a piece of my heart into each piece I make and I appreciate you following my work.

Today I have something a little different. I was challenged by a fellow crafter to open any Crafter's Companion subscription box and to create a card a week. The Crafter's Companion Subscription box is a monthly box that can be ordered off of HSN. It is an auto ship club. Each box is focused on learning a new technique. This is a project from Box 6, Aqua Markers.


Here is a photo showing Subscription Box 6 along with the first card I have made using this kit. Just to give you an idea of the value in these subscription boxes, this box came with 3 Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers in primary colors to allow for blending to create other colors. 4 STAMP SETS.... that is right 4 OF THEM! The box also includes card bases in 3 sizes, 9x9" colored card, 9x9" watercolor card, and all the envelopes in all 3 sizes. It is a tremendous value.


 Here is a close up of my card. When your a subscriber you get a club Facebook group along with multiple tutorial videos to support the learning of each technique. For this card I used the 
 "Splauging Technique" (Sara's Term). Below I will share Step by Step directions on how to create this background technique.
 
To create the background just follow these step by step directions:
 
1. Using a floral and foiliage stamp from your sub box kit 6 stamp onto watercolor paper using the Spectrum Noir Watermark ink pad. 
 
2.  Once stamped cover with white embossing powder and heat set.
 
3.  Onto a glass mat scribble some of your Spectrum Noir Aqua markers onto the mat. This forms your color palet. For my example here I chose the Rose Pink and Fisherking Blue Aqua markers that were included in the sub box 6. when these mix together it gives you a purple hue.
 
4.  Now with your moist paint brush pick up color and smoosh ink in splotches all over your watercolor card. Do this with the Rose Pink, then the Fisherking Blue, and finally mix the two colors on your glass mat to form a purple color and fill in the open spaces with this newly created color. 
 
The heat embossed stamping will resist the water colors added. For the sentiment, I heat embossed the sentiment from one of the stamp sets in Sub Box 6 with black embossing powder. Then using the same water color technique I colored the background. Lastly I used the Die'sire Parisian Mirror set to die cut the sentiment. 
 
Crafter's Companion Supply List: 


Subscription Box 6 which is still available on the Crafter's Companion Website HERE

Die'Sire Parisian Mirror Classiques Die for the shaped sentiment 

Die'Sire Decorative Edge Set 2 dies for the border across the middle  

Spectrum Noir Finesse Water-proof Dye Ink in Noir Black for the butterflies 

Spectrum Noir Watermark Translucent Ink


Crafter's Companion Black and Clear embossing powders 

Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen in clear on the butterflies and flowers



I hope you have enjoyed todays project and that it inspires you to play with ytour crafty products instead of letting them collect dust on the shelf. Have a Creative Weekend!!! Melanie





1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete