A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Magnolia Tilda with Star ~ A Untraditional Christmas Card!


Hi Friends,

Welcome Back! Today I am coming to you as part of the Magnolia-Licious Design Team. I am featuring a lot of products in this fun Non Traditional Christmas card. 


 I have numerous items in this card beginning with the Lemon Craft Christmas Carols 6x6 paper pad. Lemon Craft has beautiful papers and a lot have a vintage feel to them. 



 Tilda With Star is the focal here and she was really fun to color. I used Copic Markers in the following color combos.

Skin: E000, E00, E11, E21, & R20 
Hair & Shoes: EE23, E27, E29
Clothes:YG23, YG25, YG17, R22, R24, Y11, Y15, & Y21
I even added a second star covered in Glossy Accents. See below!


The star focal behind Tilda was made with the Christmas Star Doohickey Die. You cut the die 6 times and using the score lines you form an accordion style fold. Designer Tip: Use patterned paper and it comes together quite nicely. Make sure to use a quick drying glue like Tombow Liquid glue.

With the embellishments I chose paper roses from my stash along with the Laser Love # 7 Daisies and the vines from the Cross With Flowers & Leaves doohickey die set. 

Overall I am quite happy with the design. At first I wasn't sure but it is growing on me :-)

My goal is to inspire so make sure to get crafty today!
Melanie



No comments:

Post a Comment