A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

La-La Land Crafts August 2018 Club Kit Release

Hi Friends,

I have a super fun post for you all today. I have really been enjoying Club La-La Land Crafts. Working with their products is just seamless especially since their dies in the kit each month coordinate with the monthly theme. This months theme is camping, lets take a look...

For my first card today I have made a fancy fold card. If you are a La-La Land Craft Club subscriber you will automatically receive this as your FREE tutorial. That is a perk for being a member...you will receive tutorials from each of the Club DT members.



Here is a second look that shows you a better view of the fancy folds. I have colored three of the stamps from this months stamp sets. Of course "Happy Camper Marci" is the main character but I added the moose and bear from the Happy Trails stamp set along with the "Don't Feed The Bears" sentiment for some extra fun. The camper die was cut twice to give the doors and windows a contrasting color. Make sure to watch my YouTube video to see how special this camper die actually is.



The fire die was cut from white Copic Xpress It paper and hand colored using Copic Markers. I have used the following colors in this card:

Skin: E000, E00, E11, E21,
R20
Hair: E53, E55, E57, E59
Animals: E30, E31, E33, E34, E53, E55, E57, E59
Fire: YR12, YR14, YR14, YR27
Wood: E34, E37, E39, E59


For my second card I started with the red and white gingham paper and used it to inspire my coloring. Each time I create a card using La-La Land Crafts products I think that most recent card is by far my favorite. This is one of those moments. I feel like I grow as an artist with each and every project and I thank La-La Land Crafts for supporting my creativity.


Here is a second look focusing on the layers of my card. I added the La-La Land Nested Frames in both the small and large to add depth and to really show off "Happy Camper Marci". 

The Nested dies are available in our online store. click below to check out all the details.


Speaking of Marci, here is a close up to highlight my coloring. I have used Copic markers in the following colors:


Skin: E000, E00, E11, E21, R20
Hair: YR20, YR21, YR24, YR27
Clothes: B23, B34, B37, R35, R37, R39, E53, E55, E57
Racoon: C0, C1, C3, C5, C7

One last look! Thank you for stopping by today. I hope I have encouraged you to pull out those craft supplies and take some crafty time for yourself. If I have inspired you today please click "follow" or add your email along the side bar to receive my posts directly. 

Have a creative day! 
Melanie


No comments:

Post a Comment