A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

While Supplies Last ~ Sky Is The Limit!

Hi Friends,

I thought I had missed the boat with this adorable card. The reason I say that is because this stamp set "Sky Is The Limit" was only suppose to be available until Feb 15th, but I have heard through the grape vine that it will continue to be available "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST" So if you did not get a chance to earn this FREE stamp set you may still have a chance. Simply place a $50 order and choose it as your FREE Sale A Bration item.


My color scheme for this card consists of Basic Black, Whisper White, Island Indigo, Soft Sky, and Cherry Cobbler. I had such fun creating the background of this card using a large scallop punch and ink daubers. Just begin at the top of your paper sponging the die cut scallop using it as a mask. It creates such a fun cloudy sky.


If you notice I also punched a small circle using the Owl Builder Punch and punched out a small piece of Stampin' UP! Vellum Cardstock for the propeller and I used the 1/8" Silver Mini Brads in both the center of the propeller as well as in the wheels.

I have stamped my sentiment in Cherry Cobbler and have punched it out using the Decorative Label Punch. used the Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine to add a little extra dimension.

Don't forget this "Sky Is The Limit" Limited edition stamp set is ONLY available "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST" As of the typing of this blog post they are currently both still available in both Clear & Wood Mount, but they won't last long.


1 comment:

  1. I like the way you used the scallop die for making the clouds. Very clever making the propeller out of vellum and using the mini silver brads on the plane. Nice card for guys!

    ReplyDelete