A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Heartfelt Creations ~ Countryside Cottage Scene

Hi Friends!

Today I am bringing you my first ever full water colored scene using Zig Clean Real Color Brush Markers. I am usually a Copic Colorist but I decided to give water coloring a real try and wow is it a learning experience. 

This scene begins with stamping the Heartfelt Creations retired stamp called "Haven of Daydreams" from the Cherry Blossoms Collection onto watercolor paper and die cutting it with the Simple Center Piece hexagon shaped dies. Then I stamped Country Cottage Stamp onto a separate piece of water color paper and colored both of these images with the Zig Watercolor markers.

 

While these were drying I created my card base also from the Simple Center Piece Hexagon dies and once dry I die cut the house using the coordinating Country Cottage die set from Heartfelt Creations. 

For the bushes and grass I stamped and colored these using archival ink along with my daubers and die cut them with my coordinating dies. These were accessory stamps and dies from the Countryside Cottage Collection. The bushes were attached with foam to add dimension and the grass was attached with dries clear glue as I knew the flowers would give a nice dimension there. 

Lastly I made two styles of flowers. The orange flowers were made from the Heartfelt Creation's Lush Lilacs Stamp, Die, and Mold and I am not 100% sure which flower I used for the small yellow flower but I did add Prills to the center of them rather than stamens like in the lilacs.

IF I am going to be 100% honest with all of you, I wasn't sure I should share this card with you when I made it last fall.  This was my very first attempt at a full colored scene with water colors and I do not feel confident with my efforts. But we all have to take a leap of faith and have a starting point right? Crafting is a learning journey and learning and growing as an artist is what makes this more than just paper. It makes it ART! 

Love, Melanie


No comments:

Post a Comment