A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Thursday, May 3, 2018

LDRS Creative ~ Creating a Scene Mini Tutorial

Welcome back friends! I am here with you today to share a little Mini Winnie Magic.
____________
I am using this BRAND NEW Polkadoodles "Mini Winnie Boutique" Stamp & Die set. This "Mini" Winnie stamp set is perfect for your A2 size cards.
 
I have created a step by step photo tutorial to show you how I created this background scene simply using 3 different pieces of patterned paper.
____________
____________
 
I've chosen pieces of 6x6" paper from 3 different paper packs if you can believe that.... The sun, waves, and then boards. I just came home from a cruise and we did a lot of shopping by the water so I thought I would create a boardwalk/dock with shopping along the water.
____________
____________
Here I just cut between the rays so only the sun remained.
____________
____________
When layering these two layers, which have previously been cut down so they will fit onto an A2 size card (5.5 x4.25"). I then trimmed the rays to meet the waves as shown below.
____________
____________
Lastly glue the sun rays to the background waves/sky paper. and add this piece along with the boardwalk/dock across the bottom. I glued these all to an A2 card base.
____________
To give a separation between the water and the dock I decided to cut 2 strips of brown card stock 1/4" wide. I glued these on top of each other and then glued them over the seam. This just gives a little added dimension.
____________
____________
Once I completed my background I colored my two stamped images with alcohol markers and then die cut them using the coordinating dies which are included in the Mini Winnie Boutique Stamp & Die Set.
____________
____________
Using foam tape I added the Boutique and Mini Winnie to the scene and then simply stamped the sentiment which is also part of the set.
____________
____________
I hope I have inspired you today, and that you will have as much fun playing as I have. These complete sets make creating so easy and stress free. Make sure to check out all of the new items over in the LDRS Creative Online Store.
Happy Creating!
____________
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment