A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Follow the "Yellow Brick Road" ~ Flat Friends

Hello Bloggers,

Today I have a project that means quite a lot to me. When I was a little girl my dad was in the military and we were planning a tour over in England. Knowing a lot of the television in the UK was quite different my dad recorded a few fun movies for me to watch. This was back when VCR's had just come out and I was about 9 years old.

My favorite movie he recorded was "The Wizard of OZ" and I had to of watched it along with "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang", "Mary Poppins", and "Popeye" (with Robin Williams). In the course of the year and half I loved in the UK I had to of watched those 4 movies the most.

So I have chosen "Yellow Brick Road" Digital image by Flat Friends Boutique for this week's challenge post over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun. We have 4 amazing sponsors this week including





Please feel free to check out all their amazing stores.

 I had a lot of fun designing this card. I fussy cut out the balloon and clouds and pennants from a piece of scrapbook paper and framed them to match. The sentiment was added because all Dorthy wanted was to get home. The Red flowers signify the Poppy field that she slept in when the wicked witch cast a spell on her. Then the Hot air balloon represents the Wizard's Hot air balloon that he drifted away in. Just remember friends, there really is "No Place Like Home"

 A close up of my coloring.

As always, if you like my work I welcome you to click on the "Follow Me" button or sign up leaving your email address. Happy crafting everyone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment