A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Happy Birthday Husband!

Hi Friends,

Today I have a special post to share with all of you. It's my husband's birthday and I have designed a card to commemorate his 50th Birthday. Lets take a look....

For this card I have used all Crafter's Companion Products including the following items:

Sara Signature Vintage Lace 12x12" Paper Pad
Sara Signature A4 Luxury Linen Card
Sara Signature A4 Luxury Pearl Card
Silver Foil Luxury Card
Gemini Cut & Emboss Folder Vichy Frame
Pebeo Gilding Wax in Silver 
"Happy Birthday" Die from the Victorian Collection.
Die'sire 1" Numbers & Punctuation Dies Set
Crafter's Companion Special Someone Sentiment Set (for the inside)

Randy's favorite color is purple and I was really wanting to design with the Victorian Lace collection so this is what came from that. It killed me not to embellish with flowers and ribbon but I was trying to keep it more masculine if at all possible. (I know what your thinking...."This is far from masculine") I know I know but I tried! 


As you can see with this close up photo, after embossing the Cut & Emboss Folder Vichy Frame, I cut 3 frames and glued them together to give depth and dimension. I then added some silver Gilding Wax to give the embossing a metal look. (my attempt at masculine ~ LOL)


 
For the inside here I have used two separate stamps from the Special Someone Stamp Set. I have called Randy "husband" since out wedding night and it is something I still do today. I will of course add a personal message at the bottom before I put it in it's envelope.

Randy, I hope you know how much I love you. Happy Birthday Baby! God has brought us together and strengthens out marriage each and ever day. I am proud to call you HUSBAND! 

Love Always, Wife









No comments:

Post a Comment