A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Sparkle N Sprinkle Serena Mermaid ~ Glitter Background Tutorial


Hi Friends,

Welcome back to Fairy Stamp Land... I have a really fun technique to share with you today using Sparkle N Sprinkle's Serena Mermaid Stamp Set. As soon as I saw her in the online store I immediately needed to color her so she was one of the first stamps I purchased. Here is a close up of my coloring......





Now lets show you how I created this glittery background...it actually is pretty simple and gives your project a "WOW" factor.

Step 1: Place your first piece of 1/4" Tear-ific Tape at a diagonal in the center of your card front. This will give your a starting point.


Step 2: Turn your paper so that your first piece of tape runs along a straight line (I have used my self healing mat for my straight line.) Then begin placing extra strips of 1/4" Tear-ific tape until you have the entire piece of card stock covered.


Below it shows you the entire card covered in tape.


Step 3: Using a piercing tool carefully lift the card w/ tape, off the surface it is stuck to.


Carefully lift until it all releases from your mat.


Step 4: Turn your piece over and carefully trim the excess tape using your Tim Holtz scissors.


Step 5: Now the fun begins.... Remove the release paper from every other piece of 1/4" Tear-ific Tape and burnish in the first color of glitter. Do this over a coffee filter so all the excess can easily be funneled back into your jar.


Step 6: Remove the rest of the release paper and do the same thing with the darker color of glitter. The result is truly magical!



Here are some close up photos of my work. To see more click HERE to go visit my personal blog.






SAVE 10% NOW, Simply use the link below.

Products Used:

 


Hugs, Melanie

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful pictorial tutorial, Melanie! Love your color choices, and the pretty shading in Serena! Beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete