A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Monday, October 5, 2015

SU! Paper Pumpkin Fun ~ A Alternative Project w/ mini tutorial

Hi Friends,

Today I am coming to you today with some Paper Pumpkin Fun. September's Paper Pumpkin Subscription kit makes these adorable little Halloween treat bags. 

For a lot of us we have older children or we love our Paper Pumpkin kits because of the exclusive photopolymer stamp sets enclosed. This month's stamp set is ADORABLE!!! I for one am more of a card maker than a treat maker so I decided to play with my kit and have some "Alternative Fun"


I decided to create a basic card because a friend of mine, Karen, who is one of my very first subscribers came to me privately as she was hoping to receive some basic instructions on how to make cards. This was her first month with me as a subscriber so I made these basic cards showing her how any PP kit can become a card kit even when the project created by SU! is a 3-D item.


I have used the stamp set, both tags, and some of the paper fringe that was included in the Paper Pumpkin Kit. I added some card stock, brads, and Stampin' Write Markers to complete the card. All extra supplies are pictured below and also linked at the bottom of this post for your shopping convenience. 



Other supplies I used were my Fast Fuse Adhesive, hole punch, and bone folder.  


For the background I simply used a piece of Whisper White card stock and 3 Stampin' Write markers. I colored directly on each stamp one at a time then stamped directly on the paper. This gives a two tone effect perfect for fall leaves. 

I did this same technique decorating the front tag as seen below...



The tags came in the kit with just one hole so I added a second with my hole punch, inked up the leaves to create a border, and stamped my sentiment in the middle. All stamps are part of September's Exclusive Paper Pumpkin Kit.

If you would like to join My Paper Pumpkin Family simply click HERE - Once you join send me an email at fairystampland@comcast.net and I will welcome you to our exclusive Facebook group where we can all share in our Paper Pumpkin together. 

Happy Crafting! 
Melanie 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment