A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Crafter's Companion Craft Along

Hi Friends,

I have been really sick over the past few weeks, but just had to get back into the craft room so when I saw that Crafter's Companion had posted a little "playing along" I decided to give it a try. The idea is to get our minds off of the current Global Pandemic and to refocus on what we love.... crafting. So for this #CCplayalong Crafter's Companion showed the following photo and asked us to create something from as many of these items that we own. I had all but one of them which I substituted for a similar CC product.


So here it is..... My card featuring all of the above products minus the cut & emboss folder. Instead I stayed true to the Vintage Lace Collection and used the cut & emboss folder that came with that.



 

 This is a 5 x 7" sized card and I have used the following Crafter's Companion's Supplies:


- Vintage Lace Cut and Emboss Folder
- Stitch Edge Oval Nesting Dies
- Spectrum Noir Midas Metallic Pigment Inkpad - Rose Satin
- Peony Foam Flower Die
- Luxury Precious Metals Card Stock
- Vintage Lace Paper Pad
- Vintage Lace Flower Forming Foam
- Vintage Lace Vintage Vines Die Set
- Vintage Lace Botanicals Die Set
Kaleidoscope of Butterflies Die set
- Vintage Lace Heartfelt Sentiments
- Vintage Lace Stamen
- Crafter's Companion 5 x 7" Card Blank
 
Extras:
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Silver Pearls 
 
Here is a close up of the handmade flowers I have created. 
 
 
I really had fun with this project. My thanks goes out the to the Crafting community. As for today's uncertainty please be proactive and keep yourself busy at home and follow the local and global recommendations for practicing social distance. If your in an area of the world that limits your outings do your best to stay safe and stay home unless absolutely necessary.  At least we can lean on our craft to stay busy. Now back to bed for me. This took me two evenings to make as I am still trying to recover from an upper respiratory infection. Prayers for everyone! Melanie
 
P.S. One last look ;-)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment