A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Some Odd Girl ~ Back to School with Scientist Tia

Hello Friends,

Today I would love to introduce you to a spunky little gal named "Scientist Tia" She has been playing in the laboratory and is learning lots of new and exciting things. Lets take a look...


I think Tia is ready to head back to school, don't you? This fun card design was created focusing on the piece of patterned paper I found in my stash. It was the only piece that I could find to fit into my "back to school" vision. So here we are, and Tia is having a blast.

I have colored Scientist Tia using the following Copic markers:

Skin: E000, E00, E11, E21, R20
Hair: YR02, YR04, YR09
Clothes etc.: C1, C2, C3, B12, B14, BG000, BG01. BG02, BG05, Y21, Y23, Y26, YG13, YG61, YG63

I have used Crafter's Companion Dies for the card shape and letters. Papers used were from  Creative Imaginations and Bazzil card stock. 

I fussy cut Tia out, then I popped her up using foam squares. Here is a closer look at the entire image itself....


 


She has been colored to coordinate with the "scientific" paper...hahaha. I did say I like challenges right? But it wasn't until I added glossy accents to her glasses did I finally feel like she was finished. Check it out...


Tia is a keeper that is for sure! She will be perfect to grab and color for that favorite teacher or she could even be made into a mad scientist for Halloween. I focused on back to school since Halloween is still a bit away. you can find "Scientist Tia in the Some Odd Girl Online Store.

If your interested in learning more about Some Odd Girl, make sure to join the SOG Facebook Community to see lots more inspiration. until next time friends,

Hugs! Melanie

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colouring, Melanie!
    Love your Scientific card :o)
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete