A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Some Odd Girl Design Team Call

Hi Friends,



I have a super fun project to share with you today. I have designed this card as part of my submission for "Some Odd Girl's" Design Team. The entry requires a sample of my work using a SOG stamp. I have a mini collection of them so I dug them out and I just PLAYED to my hearts content. I really like the way it turned out.


 This card design is an A2 size and has a subtle sparkle. The background was created using a stencil by Crafter's Companion titled "Droplets" I have inked it up using Ranger Distress Inks in Mermaid Lagoon, Broken Feathers, and Peacock Feathers. Some inked droplets have a clear sparkle pen added for a little extra glimmer. The seaweed is a die from Stampin' Up! but the STAR of the show is this precious stamp set by Some Odd Girl titled "Under The Sea Mae" I absolutely love coloring mermaids which is why I chose this stamp for my submission.  Here is a close up of my coloring...



I have used Copic Markers in the following colors:

Skin: E000, E00, E11, E2, R20
Hair: E13, E15, E17, Eyes: BB23, B24
Mermaid: Y18, V01, V05, V06, V09
Sea Horse: BG10, BG11, BG13, BG18

To finish off the project I added a background layer of mirror card by Crafter's Companion and then finished off with a few sequins from my stash.

I hope you have enjoyed this project as much as I have enjoyed creating it. Happy Stamping my crafty friends!
 Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment